COMMISSIONER OF CO-OPERATIVES
Ms. Mariet Canoville
Ms. Canoville is a graduate of the American Intercontinental University with a Masters in Business Management. She has been with the Co-operative Division since 1998 during which time she worked as a District Co-operative Officer and Training Officer. General duties include:
- Manages co-operative programmes and activities to facilitate the efficient implementation of government’s co-operative programmes and policies.
- Supervises the operation of co-operative societies to secure society’s assets and protect members interest.
- Administers the settlement of co-operative societies disputes to facilitate the effective resolution of differences.
- Investigates reports and complaints re-financial operations of co-operative societies in order to improve financial management procedures.
- Registers co-operative societies to facilitate their establishment.
- Orders the dissolution of co-operation societies in order to enforce co-operative society act, rules and regulations.
- Plans and conducts educational and training programmes to promote the further development of co-operative societies.
CO-OPERATIVE AUDITOR (Ag.)
Mr. Washbourne Cuffy
Mr. Cuffy is a graduate of the University of West Indies with a Masters in Business Administration/Public Management. He has been with the Co-operative Division since 1988 during which time he worked as a District Co-operative Officer, Education & Training Officer, Senior Co-operative Officer and Commissioner Of Co-operatives (Ag). General duties include:
- Reviews statements of accounts submitted by private auditors to ensure that statements of accounts are accurate.
- Audits the financial records of co-operative societies to ensure that all monies are accounted for in each society as is required by the co-operative act.
- Investigates cash shortages in societies in order to secure societies funds.
- Plans and conducts training programmes to promote the further development of co-operative society officers.
SENIOR CO-OPERATIVE OFFICER (Ag.)
General duties include:
- Supervise societies assigned for the purpose of safe guarding societies assets and members interest.
- Audit financial records of co-operative societies.
- Collect, classify and analyze co-operative societies data using computer software for submission by the Commissioner of Co-operatives to the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank and for use by the Co-operative Division.
EDUCATION & TRAINING OFFICER
Mr. Rennick Toussaint
- Plans & prepares training programmes for co-operative societies in assigned district for the purpose of further developing co-operative societies in personnel and financial management, co-operative legislation, principles and practices and marketing.
- Conducts educational and training programmes for the development of co-operative societies.
- Maintains public awareness of co-operative activities to foster a good public image of the co-operative movements.
- Produces and publishes co-operatives quarterly news magazine to keep the public informed of local c-operative activities.
- Supervises the operation of co-operative societies in assigned districts for the purpose of promoting societies and safe-guarding societies assets and member interest.
DISTRICT CO-OPERATIVE OFFICER
Mrs. Paula Williams
- Promotes the development and establishment of new co-operatives such as farmers, credit unions and school savings unions in the assigned district by means of training, attending meetings & preparing societies budget.
- Oversees the operation of co-operative societies for the purpose of safe guarding the society’s assets and members interest.
- Plans and conducts educational and training programmes by providing on the job training on a monthly basis.
- Provide guidelines for conducting co-operative societies business on order to empower operation and financial management procedures by reviewing minutes of meetings, recommend improvements to record keeping practices, attend meetings of the society and verify decisions taken.
- Monitors monthly, non-financial co-operatives.
- Recommend dissolution of societies.
- Advise on ways of recovering debts monthly.
- Prepare business plans for societies.
UNITED NATIONS SECRETARIAT
Miss Melisha Davis